- Good, airy baguettes, cut into 6-inch lengths and sliced almost all the way open
- Chicken liver terrine
- Ham terrine
- Pickled carrot and Daikon Julienne
- Cilantro sprigs, thicker stems discarded
- Kewpie mayonnaise
- Heat oven to 300°F, or work in batches out of a toaster oven like they do at báhn mì shops in New York. Your call. You can make more sandwiches at once using the oven.
- Squirt a line of Kewpie mayonnaise down each face of a split-open 6-inch length of baguette. Schmear about 1/4 cup of chicken liver terrine