Yes, Peter I did make bread out of those bad bananas!
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 cup pecans chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 ripe bananas, smashed
- No need for a mixer for this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With a wooden spoon, mix butter into the mashed bananas in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla
- Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and mix in.
- Add the flour last, mix
- Add pecans
- Pour mixture into a buttered 4x8 inch loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour
- Cool on a rack
- Remove from pan and slice to serve