Bourbon Sweet Potatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 1/2 tsp apple pie spice
- 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 lb sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1 tsp salt
- Scrub potatoes. Cook covered in boiling salted water to cover in a large saucepan about 35 minutes or until tender. Drain cool slightly then peel.
- mash potatoes in large bowl. Add butter, bourbon, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and apple pie spice; beat until fluffy smooth.
- spoon into a buttered 6 cup baking dish.
- sprinkle with pecans
- bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes until lightly brown.