- 2 cups
- 1/3 c water
- 1/3 c honey
- 12 oz tomato paste
- 2 tbsp whey (or sauerkraut juice)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Combine the hot water and honey, stirring until dissolved, then set aside to cool.
- Combine the honey water and the rest of the ingredients. Add salt to taste.
- Place in a quart-sized jar, cover, and let set at room temperature until fizzy and delicious. It should take 2-5 days. After the second day, be sure to burp the lid daily to prevent gas buildup. Taste it every day after the second day to see how you like it; once it tastes perfect, throw it in the fridge. It should keep for about 1 month.