- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 2 1/2 lb coarsely ground pork butt
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh garlic
- 1/2 tsp grated nutmeg
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 oz chicken base dissolved in 2 ounces cold water
- 1/4 cup chopped and seeded jalapenos
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tbsp crushed black peppercorns
- 16 corn husks
- Heat a smoker or grill to 250 degrees F.
- Soak corn husks in warm water for 15 minutes.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large bowl and add the ground pork. Combine well.
- Put approximately 6 ounces of the sausage mixture 8 of the open wet corn husks. Put another corn husk on top and wrap and tie each end with string.
- Smoke until the sausage temperature reaches 160 degrees F on an instant-read thermometer.
- Transfer the husks to a serving platter and serve.