Marinade for hanger steak or short ribs
- enough for 4-5 pounds of meat
note: usukuchi (light soy sauce) is not the same as low sodium (light) soy sauce.
- 2 c apple juice
- 1/2 c usukuchi (light soy sauce)
- 1/2 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp Asian sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Combine the apple juice, soy, onion, garlic, sesame oil and pepper in a large freezer bag (or another container that will snugly accommodate the steaks and marinade) and seal and shake (or stir or whisk) to combine. Add the meat, seal or cover tightly and marinate in the refrigerator for 24 hours.