From a 1912 Recipe
- 2 cups green bell peppers, finely chopped
- 6 cups vinegar at 5 percent acidity
- 2 tbsp canning or pickling salt
- 2 cups red bell peppers, finely chopped
- 2 cups yellow bell peppers, finely chopped
- 6 cups red onions, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine all together in a large pot and boil gently till thick and reduced by one-half.
- Pack hot into hot, sterile half-pint or pint jars, leaving 1/2 inch of head space.
- Seal and process 5 minutes in a boiling water bath