Poppy Seed Chicken
Linda J. Muhl
- 2 tbsp poppy seed
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 4 chicken breasts (cooked and deboned, reserving broth for cooking noodles)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 stick margarine, melted
- 16 oz sour cream
- 5 oz package curly noodles
- 1 1/3 cups finely crushed Ritz crackers
- Cut up chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Cook noodles in chicken broth per package directions.
- Mix soup, sour cream, lemon juice, and seeds.
- Add chicken and drained noodles.
- Grease 2 qt casserole dish and pour in mixture.
- Mix cracker drumbs and melted margarine and sprinkle atop the casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until crumbs are lightly browned and casserole is bubbling around edges.
- Serve with a green vegetable and salad of choice.