Sweet Corn Tomalito
Just Like Chevy's
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 6 1/2 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup masa harina
- Preheat oven to 325
- Heat 2 quarts of water on the stove
- Cream softened butter together with the sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth.
- Add milk and masa and mix well.
- Use a blender or food processor to puree 2 cups of the corn until smooth. Add pureed corn to butter/masa mixture and mix well.
- Add corn meal, baking power, salt and remaining corn and mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into an ungreased 8x8 baking pan. Cover with foil and place into a 9x13 inch baking pan. Add hot water to the larger baking pan until it's about 1/3 full. Bake for 1 1/2 hours. Uncover and bake until the cake is firm in the center, about 30 minutes longer. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.